end of season thank you letters ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nlmct, Oct 17, 2013.

1. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

I give customers a poinsettia at Christmas.

2. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

That could get expensive.

3. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Send out a thank you card with a little gift card or something. Do not make any sales pitch in it. Simply say thank you. Trust me, this goes much farther than an annoying sales pitch.

4. wemowforu2

wemowforu2 LawnSite Member

Been doing this type of work for 20 plus years. I have from the get go. Been given a bottle of booze or $20.00 gift certificate. This could be for car washes or good for gas. One year, I gave hams near Christmas. Trust me, This goes a long way. Even better then a Thank You. This will also show you, yourself how much you are appreciated for your business and the work you do.

This is done to the top 20 accounts , No signed contracts and I'm not looking for work.

Give, and you most likely will receive. Try it, You might like it.

5. CherylMD

CherylMD LawnSite Member

YES!

I send out a Spring and Fall notice. A snippet of Spring 2013 which was mailed out April 1:

ALL lawn customers returned.
    TWO plow-only accounts made the switch!

6. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

Not really, I grow them myself.

7. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

Last yr I sent out really nice cards in December. Not Christmas cause I don't celebrate it. But nice card with a glittery winter scene. I got back $400 in gift checks and certificates. Couldn't believe it!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

You do that every holiday and you might not have to work again :)

9. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

We sent out a thank you card with their last bill telling them we appreciate their service. We mention to contact us if they want their leaves cleaned up, and that such and such day will be our last day mowing for the year unless told otherwise. This year we gave them all a $20 gift card to Chili's.