End Of Season

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodfather, Nov 16, 2006.

1. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone happy? Actually, I'm thrilled since it has been non stop this year. Few more leaves and then wait for the snow.
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Can't wait for it to be over and I can sit on my ass full time (as opposed to part time this week with all the rain). As I said in my other post I've hit my mark for sales for the year and knowing that has put a "whatever happens, happens" attitude in me. I have no desire to get out there and battle wet leaves and wind. I'm waiting for the sunny days to come back before I go back out there.

Bring on the snow, I wanna go snowmobiling and skiing darnit!
  3. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Hells yeah! This is the earliest that this many leaves have been off of the trees in eons.
    After tonight- FUG HEDDA BOUT IT
    I won't be done with leaves for a few more weeks at least, but it will be an earlier finish than usual. Sweeeeeeeet! Then snowalicious time.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It's kind of funny cause everyone in the NE says the leaves are early this year. Hold on now...Rf did some background checking on the ole puter to look at previous years. The last 2 years the leaves were about 2 or 3 weeks late, so that is why they seem early this year!
  5. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

Actually I am glad this season has come to an end.

Everything but the pressure washer has been winterized and stored.

I had a good year.
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

great year, hope to finish all cleanups by the weekend after thanksgiving,
  7. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I cant wait for it to be over, have a few more cleanups to do then I'm done. Ive been fighting rain since labor day weekend, most years i mow 3 times in oct, this year 2 times at most, and probably half only once. to much rain, I had 14 inches of rain in my gauge in oct, i think the ave for the month is more like 4. I just want to be done!!!!!
  8. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

God I cant wait. Im getting out of mowing and moving on to another profession. But I am plain sick of this stuff! Only a few more cleanups and im FREE!!!
  9. robby

robby LawnSite Member

Last day of the year for me is tomorrow (friday), and I feel like a school kid on the last day of school before summer break. Monday we leave for South Beach Miami for a month. From cutting grass, to topless beaches!:clapping:
  10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Rod, you are just the little detective aren't you.LOL

Yes, part of me really wants the season to end already.We have had so much rain this fall that the leaves have been tough to deal with. But on the other hand it beats whats coming next..........SNOW.