End of September and growing strong..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Josh.S, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Well the end of this month is wrapping up and I'm still cutting every account once per week, some 2x per week. I was wanting to know how many times you guys think that we will cut around Ohio before the season is over on most of the yards?

Here is what one of my lawns look like..
    [​IMG]

2. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

I feel you... Here in syracuse ny still growing real fast 2 tiems per week on some.. I plan on cutitng till end of october most likly 2nd week of november... last year we had snow the week of thanksgiving on the ground.. hope everyone has had a great season!!!!!!!

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Well a decent first season for starting half way thought the year. Grass is still growing strong in southern ontario. Atleast 4 more weeklys and possibly more.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

at this rate well be cutting in december

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

This is not unusual, early fall is almost as good as spring (but not quite), it lasts about a month so I dare say we have another week or two of this left.

It usually starts to slow in October when the temps chill, and your lesser lawns will stop growing completely by then while the better lawns can grow right up until Xmas thou it slows down considerably, most of my class-B+ lawns require 1-2 cuts in november and maybe 1 in december (and I said maybe).

Now keep in mind you get leaves between now and then, so...

6. McGolf

McGolf LawnSite Member

ALthough not a professional lawn care person, I am a new owner for a golf range. I have the grass planted and it is coming up like bang busters. The problem is the soil is very soft. Is there a mower that get over the land better than others. :walking:
    I have a steiner that makes a great cut but the weight causes it to bog and get stuck in some cases. :cry:
    Love the weather but the rain gotta go:drinkup:

7. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

How much does a normal golf corse budget per year for lawn matenience?

8. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I am also cutting on a weekly basis and a few every other week.:) :) :)

9. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Still cutting weekely here, im starting to get lawns with a lot of leaves which slows me down some

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Full force here with ten inches of rain in september we stay behind.