1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

End of the year inventory

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Nov 6, 2004.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I hate it when we sit on a lot of inventory over the winter. This year we did the best ever at getting rid of what we have on hand. We have left over, between 2 techs/trucks, 3 rotor heads, 2 spray heads, 0 RPs or PVBs, 6 valves, 1 Hunter and 1 Rainbird controller, 1 partial roll of poly, and the usual misc. PVC and poly fittings.

Only down side is that we have a larger spring order next year. But I would still rather get rid of what we have now.

Actually this year has been our best ever for just about everything. Revenues are up about $15k-$20k, expenses are down because last winter I made a lot of changes to phone plans, insurance - liability, vehicle and health, bought supplies cheap from a guy who retired, etc. And with the same # of employees, me and my tech.

Did you all have a better year, worse year, or same as last year? Or is it still too early for you to tell? We are just about done for the season now. I'll take a break and then find some part-time work after the holidays. Maybe :)

2. activelandscaping

activelandscaping LawnSite Member

Maybe the worst year ever, for my Irrigation side of the business. I had guys doing turn-on's in mid July, and everything still looked green. :angry:

Personally I don't mind keeping a bit of extra stock. You never know what's going to happen with price's and availability.

Regards,
    Active