End of Year Percentage. Makin or Losin?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Nov 20, 2002.

?

Percentage of Gross +- for 02vs01

1. +50%

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. +25% to 49%

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. Even to +24%

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  4. -1% to 25%

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. -26%

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I am not asking what you made as far as gross sales, thats your business. If you want to share what percentage you increased or decreased over last year.

I know the figures are a little deceiving because a smaller company like mine doesn't have to do a ton of extra work to show a big increase in gross sales.

All I am trying to see here is what percentage you went up or down.

I know the debate on its what you net and all the huge variables that are involved with materials, expenses, labor, addition of service over last year, on and on. If you want to debate that in this thread thats ok.

Bottom line for the poll is - did you sell more or less this year in a percentage. I don't need to know any figures as far as what you brought in.

2. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I dont understand your poll...part of your title asks "...makin or losin" then you ask about increase or decrease in sales.

THere is one very large company here in my area that had trememdous growth the past 2 years....but...they just filed for bankruptcy...So for your post I guess they'd reply 50% growth....fact is however they're 'losin'and now they're history

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I picked the 50%, I went from 7-10 clients in 2001, to 70 clients in 2002. In the last month, I've picked up 5 new clients for 2003, but will add up to about the same, a couple have died and some have moved away.
    But in realility, I think I'm might narrow my customer base to around 40 for 2003, offer them more services than just mow/trim, add like areation, push the fertilizing program more and dethatching etc. I think this will work better for me, and also probably hire my wife full time.

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

According to QBs my gross is up 38.4% from last year as a solo operator. Net is up 44.1%.

I have about the same customer base as last year. I simply sold more service by using proposal/agreements for the first time this year.

My thanks to lawnsite..

5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Sad to say I am way down. Due to the Dixie Chopper problems this year. Oh well time for a change and better profits. :D

6. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

went up 50 gross and still going this year and over 100% net this year so far.

All those years of accounting classes are starting to show results

7. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

We are just under 50% up. It seems that after 9/11 all customers are spending more money on their houses and less in travel. How about in you guys areas? Travis