1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

End of year sales?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Zeus661, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Zeus661

Zeus661 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I am thinking of purchasing a new JD zero turn mower at the end of the year. Does anyone know do dealers put them on sale to get rid of them for winter? Is there a chance of getting a better price if I wait until fall?

Just thinking ahead here.

2. rough cut

rough cut LawnSite Member

Depends on alot of factors. 1. Number of dealers in given area. 2. Amount of stock they have verses the stock the other dealers have. 3. Outside storage or inside floor space. How much room do they have to store stock. 4. Changes in the model you want. Are they changing the look, deck, engine manufacturer, HP, water cooling, etc. 5. How much desire factor the model has and how many do they sell a year. If it is a high "want" factor then no discount. Just to give you an idea of how much they can come off, if they really have to, '04 Ferris IS5000z lists for, I don't know maybe $14.2K and I got it last month for $10K plus tax. Sold as a '05 model with zero hrs. Only one other dealer around and they wouldn't play ball.
    So it may pay to wait until fall for a possible clearance sale. Would be worth it for a Deere. By the way, I was looking at a Deere 797 w/72" 7iron deck and even then the dealer came off the price by almost $2k. But I had to shop price.