1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Endless Task

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by RAlmaroad, May 6, 2008.

1. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

Hey Guys:
    Before you laugh yourA$$ off just read a little further:
    This is for just me and I DO NOT MOW FOR ANYONE. I have Live Oaks in SC. These things shed their leaves in Spring just when the grass is coming out of dormancy and they must be picked up. I have a riding Snapper 28" Hi-Vac for this, but the problem is that little bag gets filled before even making the first round. Does anyone have a bigger solution for picking up and bagging those.
    We generally have 60-70 contractor bags that we have to take to the dump. I though about taking the chipper shredder and breaking them up but that is even more work. Just mowing that lawn, and it isn't too big (17K) takes all day and many trips to the dump and we can only make one trip/day. And the real task is that we have to do this about 4 times. Regular mowing is not a problem.
    Surely there's got to be a better way and if you know--give me a solution.
    I can make anything.
    Thanks, Roy
  2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Just have a commercial service come by and vacuum them up for you, then it's their problem !!
  3. Quix

Quix LawnSite Member

How about running over the leaves first with the mower, then bagging. They would take up a lot less bags.