Endorsement story (safety glasses)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, this endorsement story is a bit belated and over due.
    But I thought I would share it anyways.

Some time ago last season I had a pair of safety glasses to disappear. At some point during the work day I realized I wasn't wearing them, and I couldn't find where I had thrown them down in the truck.

I never thought much else of it.

Then really late in the season I had a "sold" account to express dissatisfaction with me. They were unhappy with the amount of winter weeds they had coming in the drought damaged areas. This was no surprise to me since they had elected to skimp and not take the preventative treatments.

But given the entire situation as a whole, for once I said screw it and decided to go spot spray for them just to get things closed out.

While spot spraying, I came across something weird in the lawn and thought WTF?... So I decided to see what it was....

Turns out, that customer stoped me in the lawn one day for something... I think to line me up to install new mulch in the beds.... So I turned the mower off and dismounted. Evidently I must have taken off my safety shades and laid them on the ZTR tank. Then I got back on the mower to resume, and I guess I ran them over.

When I bent down to see WTF this was I was seeing, I realized I could barely see the top of the frames of my safety shades. It had rained a few days before, so I proceeded to dig them up out of the ground just out of stupid curiosity.

I was amazed at what I saw. I got them up out of the clay and found them to still be in one piece. In fact, not only that, but the lenses were only lightly scratched in some places on the outer part of the lenses from some of the small granular rock in the clay.

That soil was baked into a brick, and if I didn't run them over with the ZTR, I got them with the truck and trailer load of mulch I hauled in.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but I am just amazed they withstood that kind of force, and just cut straight down into the ground.

They are the AO Safety Z87 Landscaper safety shades.... and I'd trust them to protect my eyes any day.
    So if you want to be sure you are equipping yourself and/or your crew with tough eye protection... look no further than these.

2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Impressive!

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I forgot to add...

If you look these up, you'll see the mirror and rainbow mirror lenses.

But they are also available in clear and normal black shades (which I have).
    And they honestly look a lot better (style) than they do in the pictures I found.
    They look like racing shades to me... and they have nice wrap-around lenses for this line of work.

4. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

A good pair of glasses will be well worth the money. I ran over a pair of Oakley Factory Pilots back in the day, with the rear tandems on a lowboy, on asphalt. They survived as well as yours did and protected my eyes for a long time after.