ends hours of maintenance on machines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

who adds up all there hours of maintenance on machinery,trucks,trailer,blade sharpening,running around for parts,etc...?i have endless hours this mouth on fixing everything under the sun. Ive never added this time maybe next year, just to see how much time i put in ,to keep things going. bet the customer don't think of that when you give there estimate for there lawn cut.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

bet they don't care either lol

Mac

3. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

oops! it should have said ENDLESS< had a customer offer me 5 bucks one time ,when we had the gas prizes go up

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Ol' time, I usually spend about 30 mins to an hr twice a week doing maint... Sharpen blades, clean filters, and grease the zerks. I don't have a full scedule right now, so I don't have as much maintenance as when I have a full scedule. If I was working five 8-10hr days a week, I'd do this every evening.. When I get to the point that I'm changing oil every 2 weeks and such, I will certainly factor this in to my estimates as well as the fuel, trimmer line, etc. that I already factor in.

5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Problem is you have to figure that into your estimates now. Or you could use the Bobbygedd theory that your time doesn't matter cause you work for free.

Point is if you wait until it happens only your new clients are paying for that or you have to raise the old ones.

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Good point Precision, I currently am probly a little overpriced, But I will definatelly be adding these expenses ( Maint. time ) into my bids..