1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Energy bill will require 70% Savings by 2027?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Eden Lights, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

2. Eden Lights

Will bulbs under 40 watts be saved?

"Under the measure, all light bulbs must use 25% to 30% less energy than today's products by 2012 to 2014. The phase-in will start with 100-watt bulbs in 2012 and end with 40-watt bulbs in 2014. By 2020, bulbs must be 70% more efficient."

3. Eden Lights

This is scarey stuff!! This sounds a little better-a new Halogen? I hate CF's, I think I better go over to the lawn section and pickup a used mower!

"Compact fluorescent bulbs already meet that 70% efficiency standard. They also last six to 10 times longer than incandescents. Compact fluorescents now cost around $2, vs. about 50 cents for an incandescent. Halogen bulbs, specially designed energy-saving incandescents and the emerging light-emitting diodes (LEDs)."

4. Eden Lights

"General Electric (GE) says it'll develop an incandescent that's 30% stingier than today's bulbs by 2010. Earl Jones, a GE senior counsel, says it likely will cost more than current bulbs but less than a fluorescent."

5. Eden Lights

Can Mike alter this heading to read 70%, Please?