Enfrocer or Tank

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenandClean, Apr 21, 2007.

1. GreenandClean

GreenandClean LawnSite Member

Now between deciding between the Cub Cadet Tank M48 or the Cub Cadet Enforcer 48, how to they compare. Is the Tank that much stronger and is the clear way to go, or is the Enforcer just as good? Will the Enforcer last or will I have to baby it. Im not saying that I just abuse my mowers I am just wondering?

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Tank hands down. Just go look at them side by side and you will see the Tank is 100% more machine than the enforcer is. The Tanks have a bigger hydro system than the enforcer. The tanks go 10mph compared to the 8mph of the enforcer.

3. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Man - Let me tell u. I went into my Toro Dealer to get a throttle cable for the TORO Z500 and The worker saw our Isuzu CABover and the Deere f935 up front and behind it the TANK m-72 behind it. He says -"when you are ready to upgrade from a MTD I have a TORO waithing for u". I looked at him and said "I own them all - Every brand. That TANK (MTD Commercial) is the baddest 72" cutting machine out there. The engine has a power band that stretches from 33hp to 39hp. It rolls - No thanks, I am very happey with the TANK. " He said "Really"? totally stunned by my answer. everything is heavy duty on that mower

4. GreenandClean

Hey thanks for all of your help. I am a student and I am just starting out and the Tanks are 2000 more and the enforcers are. Is it worth that 2000 extra. Money is tight and since I am just getting started. I have a Cub Cadet Z-force 44" with the 20hp kholor but I am afraid that it will be to hard on it. I was wanting to traid it in after I got the some money made. Are the smaller tanks just as good as the bigger ones? Thanks again

5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

If your going to operate it yourself and not beat the living crap out of it then I think the Enforcer will do good for you.

6. GreenandClean

With mowers costing as much as they do, Ill be easy on it. Thanks

7. 1cooltreeguy

Ok - SO the enforcer will be fine for a few years if you grease every zirk fitting every am before cutting and change the oil @ 50 hr intervals. It will last u until u get some bones so you can trust others to drive your equipment. Good luck. E:usflag:

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like to have one to go with my 60".

9. 1cooltreeguy

Hey ENVY - Guess what I paid for that Tank M-72? When u post - let me know what u paid for your 60" one. Thanks, E in NC

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Mine is a Lesco, so I paid "mid-6's" for mine... a great deal.

Cub prices vary so sharply from place to place that I would have no idea what you paid.

Had I bought a 72" instead of a 60" I could have gotten it then for "mid-7's".
    I think they are close to 8 now.