1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Engine blew apart

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by excel25, Oct 23, 2003.

1. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Got back from the Expo Monday morn. Employee called
    and said I need to get to location ASAP, Motor blew apart.
    Whole back side was gone, oil all over the mower and grass .
    Took to dealer Mon. and still waiting on Kawasaki to give him ok to replace. He did give me a reg. Z to use( very nice) and seems to have a better discharge than mine.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Did he tell you what caused it ?
  3. excel25

No not yet, He did say it had plenty of oil in it. Employee was mowing next to road at a taco bell and had the rpms down about half way so he wouldn,t throw a rock. heard a loud noise and the back side of the motor was on the ground.
  4. superman

superman LawnSite Member

Please post when you find out what happened. There are several times that I HAVE to mow with the throttle down. I sure hope that is not what caused it. If so I guess I am going to have to try put a rush on finding me a good OCDC.

5. excel25

Still haven't got a word out of kaw. dealer said looked like a rod bolt came out, kaw. said NO WAY!! sent pics. still no word.
  6. excel25

Recived my new moter and was back in service on monday, Great to be back on the super-z. broken rod is what caused it.