1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

engine diagrams

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doc Pete, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I need to increase the power on my 54 Hustler walkbehind. It has a 17hp Kaw on it. I've checked all the manufacturer's sites, and I can't seem to find where they offer size dimensions for Kaw, Honda, Briggs, or Kohler. Any helps would be appreciated.
    Pete
    For Pete's Sake

2. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

1 word nitro :D

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The info you're looking for (bore and stroke) is usually available in the shop manual for each engine. If you are trying to make a 19 out of a 17 you would probably have to swap the crankshaft, cylinder liners, pistons, rods, carb jets and the camhaft. There is a 100 cc difference between the 2 engines and that is a lot in a Kawasaki engine.

This is just speculation and should not be taken as gospel. I am basing this on the differences between the single cylinder models which I do have a shop manual for.

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I'd like to put a new larger motor on it, and need to check mounting holes and clearance for the muffler.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

6. Jman

Jman LawnSite Member