engine disappiontment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdw, Aug 13, 2001.

1. mdw

mdw LawnSite Member

Anyone disappointed with their eXmark 23hp Kawasaki on a 60" deck?

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Did you receive my return email in reference to dealers here in MD?
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

:confused: Why are you dissapointed? Is this a new machine? I have a lazer hp 52 in and 23 hp kaw. When it was new I had some problems with it, but they have ben resolved. It seems to me that the 23kaw should be enough horsepower on the 60 inch.
    Mabey You could post this on the exmark forum and tell them thre problems that you are having, mabey they can help.
  4. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Not dissapointed here! :)

Only the thickest, wettest grass causes mine to even try to bog. If I double cut (once at 5" and then at 3") it does great.

I only noticed this because I recently picked up a couple of lawns that were abandoned by scrubs and not cut for weeks...I couldn't wait for them to dry as we have had one or two showers daily for a couple of weeks now (thank God).

My 23 hp/60'' will fly through 8"-10" DRY growth...even with doubles! :D

What seems to be the problem???
  5. mdw

mdw LawnSite Member

I'm about to buy a LZ 60" and can't decide on the 23kaw or 25 kohler. Was trying to gain insight.

6. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

Do a search on the 25 Kohler and you'll make a quick decision. I have the 23hp Kaw on my Bobcat 61" and have had 0 problems in almost 1100 of use. Russ
  7. Just FYI

I have 2-26hp efi and 1-25hp Kohlers on Lazers
    and 2-22hp and 1-23hp kohlers on TT

and several other Kohlers and have had almost ZERO problems

Yes there are lemons in every thing but I think the Kohler will out last the Kaw.

And with over 3000hrs on one with not one problem I think it's the choice engine to use

Heres some thing to try why don't you see if you can demo both and make your mind up from there