Engine Hours, How Many You Ever Got Out Of One?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Jul 17, 2005.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

HI COUOLD PEOPLE POST WHAT KIND OF HOURS THEY GOT OUT OF THERE ENGINES? LIKE THE KAWASAKI'S, HONDA'S KOHLER'S HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL AND HP. OH AND IF LIQUID COOLED. :cool2:

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

too many. How many do you have? lets just say my first kawi is over 10 years old and still hauls like a raped date. No smoke and starts on first pull. O yeah its always had mobile 1 synthetic in it and always change the oil/filters when they need it

3. Sitnduck

Sitnduck LawnSite Member

Don't laugh too hard but I still have a 21" Snapper Commercial with a 5 hp Briggs commercial engine that I bought in 1983. I used it on 13 yards for the first 5 to 6 years as my solo mower. It was my primary home mower through about 1996, then I let my sister use it for 2 years on her yard. After she got done with it,(no oil change or maintenance then-actually ran it low on oil) it does use a bit of oil now but does not smoke. Unknown the hours but it has done it's time.
    It bailed me out the other day when the soon to be ex rider quit while mowing my rental property. Still a damn good little mower. Hours,? I'd love to know...

4. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

2003 Lesco 54" Z-Two.. 1652 hours on the clock today and still running stong..

23hp Kawasaki Air Cooled

5. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

How's the cut, post some pics if you got any.

6. careco

careco LawnSite Member

Have a 1996 Grasshopper 721 with Kubota 750wb LIQUID COOLED with almost 6000 hrs and use it every day ! Change oil every 50 hrs and filter every 100 hrs! Best mower and engine ever had!

7. davhul

davhul LawnSite Member
    from Gray,Ga

I have a f725 john deere with a liquid cooled kawasaki with 2,354;doen't burn oil. I use this on my own lawn.

8. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Ive got a scag Turf tiger, 1665 Hours on the kawi horizontal shaft motor when it blew up, guy before me owned it since new (its a 98) and was mowing 200 yards a week. We replaced it and hope the new one will last as long...even put dual 1 3/4" pipes out the mufflers :cool: ...HAHA
    Thanks
    James

9. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

guy i kno has a walker w/a 20 hp kohler air cooled,horizontal, w/4100 hrs on it and goin strong, he always has ran mobil 1 synthetic. I have a snapper thats like 13 or 14 yrs old, has a ltiile 4 or 5 horse briggs that must have close to 1000 hrs on it.

10. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

exact same story with a turf tiger, only ours is still goin. them scags will last a long time!