Engine KILLS

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by K9Cutter, Aug 5, 2007.

1. K9Cutter

K9Cutter LawnSite Member

Brand new Exmark 19HP KAW only 30 hours. When I try to disingage Parking brake, engine dies. Long story short, I taped down the Parking brake safety switch, then tried again and it worked. However, when I engaged the arms, engined dies again. Bypassed the switches on the arms and the seat, and it worked. However, when I engaged the blade, engine dies. Loaded it on my trailer, hooked all the saftey switches back up Tried it once more while on the trailer and everything worked like a new mower. My problem is that this is the second time this has happened. The first time it happened I took it to the Exmark dealer and he couldn't find anything wrong with it. (of course everthing was working when I took it to him). Could it be a relay? OR What??? Any ideas??

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

K9Cutter,

My apologizes for the tardy response. I am still waiting on any possible solutions from our service department. In the meantime, if you would like to contact them directly, their number is 1-800-667-5296 or 402-223-6300.

Thanks,
    Casey

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

K9Cutter,

I to apologize, Casey had sent these to me some time ago, and along with several others I forgot to reply to them. Hopefully you've contacted us in the meantime and gotten this taken care of.

If not, as Casey mention please contact us, we'll be more than happy to help you out. There are a couple things it could be, and honestly it'd be pretty difficult to t/s here. When you contact us, if you can have a multi-meter or test light available I would bet we could get it figured out pretty quickly.

Again, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

Thanks,
    Lenny