Engine knocking after changing oil--Kohler 22hp command pro

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by LilB281, Aug 27, 2006.

1. LilB281

LilB281 LawnSite Member

I just changed the oil in my Kohler 22hp Command Pro, and now the engine is knocking...Sounds like it's coming from the ohv cover, I'm not sure what it could possible be. I've never had this problem before, it almost sounds like there is just no oil pressure??? Please let me know if you guys have any ideas or have even heard of this happening before....This engine is only a couple years old and I have kept up on the maitenence routinely. Thank you very much for your ideas
  2. lucforce

lucforce LawnSite Member

what oil did you put on the engine and how much? Did you change the oil filter?
  3. LilB281

LilB281 LawnSite Member

LilB281 here again...I put 10w30 in this and also changed the filter...i put just a little under 2qts, and the stick reads right on the full mark.
  4. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

you just have air in a lifter. should clear up soon
  5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

There is air in the lifter as khouse said, Just run at idle for about 15-20 mins. and it should work it's way out and quiet down.
  6. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i was having this problem with a lifter on my koler too. i changed to mobil 1 10-30 and the noise has gone away . before it would come and go mostly after a long run but its gone now