Engine light @ idle

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by grass lover, May 2, 2004.

1. grass lover

grass lover LawnSite Member

Need a little help / guidance here. Have a Mini Z with only 21 hours on it. Runs great, but recently noticed the red engine light is coming on at idle and flickers when I engage the blades at 1/3 throttle. Checked the oil, no problems. What else could be causing this? Thanks.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The light should only come on when you turn the key on when the unit is not running, or when there is low oil / low oil pressure.
    What engine do you have ?
    Send me your model and serial # along with your contact info and I will forward it to someone that can take care of this ASAP.

Pj

3. hustler1

hustler1 LawnSite Member

Mine had the same problem.....dealer found some kind of part had not been installed by Honda....they fixed it and its fine now. Dealer knew exactly what the problem was when I told him...musta been familiar with it...

4. Tombee

Tombee LawnSite Member

I am having the same problem with my Honda powered Mini. After the motor gets hot the engine light glows at idle. I have it at the dealer now who claims that Honda doesn't know anything about it. Can you be more specific about what part was installed.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Have your dealer call the Hustler factory, they will get him into contact with a Honda rep that will point him in the right direction.

Pj