1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Engine Misfire Questions..

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Petr51488, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

This problem started a few weeks ago. When i would start the engine it would almost hesitate to start, but i didn't have to give it any gas to get it running. When its cold out, it sounds like its misfireing when i'm driving in first gear and maybe 2nd. I changed the plugs, wires, distrib cap maybe 8 months ago. Now, i remember the guys that ran a diagnostic a few months back tell me that it was my oxygen sensors (check engine light). I bought my own scanner and it came up with 2 codes for the same thing which was misfire and maybe ignition. I can get the exact code number/description if necessary. Now, it got me thinking. I have 2 oxygen sensors, and 2 codes came up for the same thing. Do you think its the oxygen sensors? I havnt replaced those yet in this truck (113k miles) I've had it in my possetion since about 85k. Should i replace the oxygen sensors or is it just a waste of money? Any ideas?

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I got the code just incase. Its P1345 Manufacturer control ignition system or misfire.

3. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'd find out for sure which one it is, they are kinda pricey.

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If you can replace them yourself, I'd do that. Pepboys sells them starting @ $14.99. Not sure what one for you truck would go for though.