Engine Priming Help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by pblc, Mar 2, 2013.

1. pblc

pblc LawnSite Member
    from South

We have a ditch witch sk650 we changed fluids on the other day. After changing the fuel filter I can't get the system to prime back up. Anyone have any experience with this and can help? The machine has the kubota engine. Thanks.

:usflag:

2. trock

trock LawnSite Senior Member

Usually you turn the key so the fuel pump runs and then crack open the fuel filter until it stops blowing bubbles then tighten is should fire right up....

3. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Take a wrench and crack open the 3 injector lines and crank it over. It will bleed out the pump and lines. If you haven't already, make sure the filter is full of fuel before you install. I know, it's too late for that. Maybe next time.

4. pblc

pblc LawnSite Member
    from South

I find no where on the machine an electric fuel pump - so how do the lines fill back up after change? Turn the key.... No electric pump comes on. And I do not see one where the fuel system is
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

If it's the Kubota diesel, then I think that it's a mechanical lift pump like vehicles used to have.

Start by filling the fuel filter full of fuel.

Look for a primer pump usually near the fuel filter head.

If that doesn't work, start by cracking the nuts on the injectors.

6. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

If that doesn't work. Then you have a fuel shutoff solenoid problem or your injector pump has a problem.