1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Engine Question?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by rob1325, May 1, 2002.

1. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to know if you will be offering the Kawasaki 29 EFI engine in the foreseeable future and when on the Lazers? DO you have any experience with the motor and is it really that more powerful or economical over the 27 Hp motor you current offer? Any responses would be appreciated.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

It's possible. However all engines must make it past our testing before they make it into production. I really can not comment this particular engine or itÂ’s performance. The engine is simply too new.

We tested a new series of engines from another engine supplier a few years back and although these engines are currently offered by several lawnmower manufacturers they did not make it through our testing. In addition to passing our performance tests, durability tests etc. it also must meet our criteria for price/value. If it fails any of these it will not make it to production. That is not to say that engines we don't offer are not great engines. They just may not always fit our needs as well as they do another manufacturers.

Fortunately and unfortunately we are judged based upon our performance. When an engine does not perform at our customersÂ’ level of satisfaction we take the heat for it. Sometimes justifiably so and other times................you decide.

To be honest I do not know if or even when this particular engine would be offered. It wouldn't be the first time a pretty good engine didn't make into our lineup. Besides we've got keep a few secrets just to have something to suprise you with now and then.

3. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the input.

4. AFD

AFD LawnSite Member

How does the Kawasaki 29 hp dfi compare to the other motors offered in the XS series. I was wondering about power and about fuel/gas hourly useage. I have two 28 efi that I am trading in this year and was trying to decide which one of the three motors I would go with. I am getting the 66" deck on both of them. Thanks for any input.