1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Engine Questions

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by tallcoopscoach, Jul 25, 2007.

1. tallcoopscoach

tallcoopscoach LawnSite Member

Which engines can I put into a Toro ZMASTER Z252L 62" Commercial Zero Turn Mower Model #74212? Is there only the one? I know it had a 26hp liquid cooled kawasaki, but I'm wondering if others can be put into it and which? Also, where would a find a good used one? ARe there sights with used ones that are reliable...? I can't find any on ebay yet.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

If your gonna be using it daily, I personally would not trust a used engine. You should be able to slap a regualar 23-25hp kawasaki on it but it's going to require some mods to your wiring harness, or your going to need a standard air cooled engine harness (about $65-$90) from your dealer.

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

After looking up your model number that unit was only made in 99 and 2000 and came with a 22 hp FD661D engine. The service manual list this engine at 20 hp @ 3600 rpm. Possibly someone replaced the engine at some point ?

So, A 23 hp or up air cooled would be a up-grade on this unit.