Engine running rich and missing

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lawnguy 2, Feb 5, 2013.

1. lawnguy 2

lawnguy 2 LawnSite Member

Hi,

I have a 2010 Scag Turf Tiger 29 Kawasaki fuel injection with 329 hours. It tends to run rich with a mis. It has new air filters. I checked the fuel line for clogs and all is fine. I also drained the gas and put in some new supper unleaded. Before I run to the Scag dealer and run up a bill I thought it would be a good idea to see if anyone on here has any sugestions?

Lee

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

I would start by checking fuel pressure:waving:

3. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Run to the Scag dealer.

Oldtimer

4. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

What do your sparkplugs look like...??? If you replace them...use the correct. NGK plug..
    I had a customer that had a Kaw DFI...we changed the plugs...BPR2ES I think..anyway it would run perfect for 3 hours ..then start fouling plugs ....changed the plugs and it ran good for another 3 hours...again the same thing..
    The problem ended up being the DFI connector was not sealing good and got moisture in the connection..
    I believe there is dilectric grease in the connector ...but moisture finds a way in...
    Check the connection at the black box...

5. Landrus2

I like the new look:waving:

6. lawnguy 2

They are very black and when I removed the threads are wet with gas. They are the correct NGK plugs. I talked to the Scag dealer about my problem a couple weeks ago and he mentioned I may have a bad sensor. Where are these and what do they look like?

7. Landrus2

OK replace your oxygen sensor.:waving:

8. Landrus2

Sorry look for it on your exhaust manifold looks like a spark plug with wire on top:waving:

9. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Kawasaki DFI...Digital Fuel Injection...does not have an O2 sensor...
    Spend a little time in the school before you try to be an instructor...

10. lawnguy 2

Yes, I looked everywhere on the manifold and couldn't find one. :hammerhead: