Engine shutdown?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by scott's turf, Jul 29, 2002.

1. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Terry, I posted these questions on the commercial mowing forum but I want to here what you think.

1. What steps do you take to properly shut down a 23 hp kaw. engine?

2. Are there snow plows that can be purchased for a 52" lazer?

Thanks for all your help

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Scott's turf,

Thanks for the questions.

As far as shutting the 23 Kawasaki down we recommend throttling down to about 1/2 throttle for 15 seconds and then shutting the key off. Kawasaki recommends that you allow the engine to idle for 1 minute before shutting down. It's been my experience that most of the current engines available respond better to shutting down at 1/2 throttle. I should also tell you that not all of these engines will react the same so you may find your shuts down better at 3/4 or 1/4 but generally 1/2 throttle gives the best and results.

I placed a call to Agro-tec and left a message (Company that builds these attachments) regarding the snow blade for verification but the latest information we have shows a blade for the full size Lazer Z but not for the Lazer Z hp. You can contact also contact them directly at www.agro-tec.com for further information.

Thanks

Terry

Up date: Agro-tec did get back with me and they have recently released the snow removal attachments for the Lazer HP as well. For more information you can contact your Exmark dealer or contact Agro-tec and they will put you in touch with one of thier dealers as well.

3. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Thank you very much for your very helpful and speedy responses.