Engine Swap - Bobcat Walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro-Lawn&Grounds, May 5, 2010.

1. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I've got a Bobcat Walk Behind with a 48" deck and a Kawasaki FB460V (12.5 HP) The mower works and all but it has a sulky and doesnt really move to well because of the smaller motor ... I think it had a 14hp on it at one point I got it for free of a buddy no longer using it ... When I first started mowing I got a toro time cutter z and shortly there after got a commercial grade zero turn. My question is, Can I take the 19hp Kohler Courage of of my zero turn and put it on the walk behind?

2. BadRancher

BadRancher LawnSite Fanatic

Bump, how did this work out?

3. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

I've seen a 18hp Kohler Courage electric start on a 36" hydro.

4. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

if it came with a fb460 its probally a variable speed gear box.. if thats the case I dunno if I would throw a 19 hp on that.. if it had a 5 speed pearless id imagine you could get away with it... Im no expert though

5. BadRancher

BadRancher LawnSite Fanatic

I guess he probably didn't do it. I iwas interested.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't done it yet ... honestly the timecutter is a 42 so it got through gates fine ... what I plan on doing with the whole set up this yr is taking the hydros and engine and putting them all onto the walk behind ... ill start a picture thread to document the whole procedure ... honestly I've just been so busy that it wasnt something I had time to really tackle before