Engineaire prefilters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jet boater, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

Anyone had good/bad experience with Engineaire air filters?

I just ordered their Severe Duty Filtration System for $150.50 including UPS shipping.

http://www.enginaire.com/serv01.htm

Supposed to include turbo unit, canister filter, brackets, carb elbow, hose, and filter minder. I understand that their filters crossreference to Donaldson.

2. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

They work great. I have seen results of two machines in the exact same conditions. One with the precleaner and the other one without. After several hours the one with has a totally clean air filter and the one without is filthy.

mowingmachine

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 23 hp kawasaki, and they don`t have the Donaldson type filters for it, but they have a precleaner that I bought. I am very interested in this because of during leaf season, with the ultra vac, the air filter gets dirty real quick, this is supposed to help keep it clean. We will see!!!!!!!!! Hope it works.
    Cleaner air going into motor= cleaner oil, and longer life, plus the air filter is supposed to last longer. If this works it should pay for itself quickly. The air filters are 19.00 each. :D

4. Jet boater

Jet boater LawnSite Member

Have you noticed any increase or decrease in horsepower?

5. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I put an Enginaire on my 22hp Kohler Scag Sthm seems to have more power, also still clean from may till now

6. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

just changed filter element since installed in april. checked a few times clean GREAT Investment ED:blob4:

7. I HAVE one and i say get it they are great .

They stop so much junk from getting into the engine ,
    I cant give them enough praise!!

8. MowersAhead

MowersAhead LawnSite Member

I want to buy a couple of there pre cleaners but cant find a source.

Is there any place online to buy them??

My dixie chopper has a pre cleaner, but it quit working. I cant seem to keep the prop moving. But it did a great job when it worked.

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I, and a friend of mine both got the engineaire filter for our 23HP Kawi's and after aprox 1 week of operation we both had the stud that holds the housing on break off. Simple enough to repair (just drilled out the hole and inserted a bolt w/locknut), but annoying nonetheless.