Engines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bigfoot, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

What is your favorite brand of air cooled engine from 20 to 28 HP. Thanks, JD.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

All fuel injected Kohlers!

3. BladeRunner Rep

BladeRunner Rep Banned

My personal favorite engine that we had in our lineup was the Subaru EH72 25hp. We have droped this engine from our line for 2003 because of price issues with subaru.

I think the new kohler 27hp and the new efi kohler should be real nice, also the fd kawasaki air cooled are nice power plants.

Generac has the power but parts distribution is still a question that they have not really addresed yet. But I do think it will be something to look at in the future.

Another engine is the new vanguard 31hp v-twin. Should be a real good engine and is backed by a good distribution network.

There seem to be more new players comming out so keep a lookout for them.

4. Simply Green

Simply Green LawnSite Member

I definetly like the Kawasaki engines the best.Not a big fan of Kohler engines.Nothing briggs & stratton as far as mowers go either.

5. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the vanguard engines are built by mitsubishi.

6. PartsGuy

PartsGuy LawnSite Member

Any Briggs built with 3 or more cylinders is the partnership build of Mitsubishi and Briggs.

All 1 & 2 cylinder Briggs are built by Briggs.

Parts Guy

:sleeping:

7. BladeRunner Rep

BladeRunner Rep Banned

The new v-twin water cooled 27hp and the new 31hp v-twin air cooled are built in japan by daihatsu. I hope I spelled that right! Also the 16hp and up v-twin engines in the vanguard line only are also built in japan by daihatsu.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I like the kawi's, they make really good torque. This is very helpful running mulch kits in thick Zoysia and Bermuda.

9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies. I've had good service out of Kawasaki engines. I've never had a kohler, but they seem to be coming on strong with the mower companys.

10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Kohler motors have been very good to me. I have also had some very good luck with Kawasaki.

Gravely_Man