engines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cclllc, Dec 25, 2002.

1. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Who has the best price on Kohler engines?I am looking at buying a Kohler 25 hp for my 96 DC.I want the most hp that will bolt up.
    It has a 22 hp now.

2. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a dealer down here who sells cheaper than anyone I know, also he has diesel options available. Call Bill's at (417) 831-2779. Also check with tulsa engine warehouse.

3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

how many hours have you got on that kohler?--www.landscapersupply.com--list 4 different 25 kohlers from 1399-1899.99.hope that helps.

4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

5. cclllc

What do I need to look for in an engine?torque,hp,etc.It looks like I'm stuck with 2 options from Kohler-- a 25 or a 27 hp.I can't use efi because I'm not setup for it .It also looks like I'll have to stay with the command series and not the pro series am I right?

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Capt. Devo, are the bolt patterns the same? And if they are, do they do the same thing that Kawi does on the 23hp to make it a 25hp? Which is, bigger jets on the carb...still the same torque and bore on both.

Would like to hear your thoughts.

7. cclllc

captdevo,
    What is the diferance between the engines on a scag vs. a dc.?Does Kohker make a dif eng . depending on the app.?I have noticed a big dif. in the money of each.