Engines

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Texas*Golf*Bum, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Texas*Golf*Bum

Texas*Golf*Bum LawnSite Member

I have a large volume of commercial properties. I have used Kholer, Honda, and Kawi engines. What are you finding to work the best for you in the long hall? :weightlifter:

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Kawasaki, Subaru Robin

3. Texas*Golf*Bum

Texas*Golf*Bum LawnSite Member

Thank you so far that is where I have been moving to but have heard the fuel injected Kohler is a great.

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im sure the Kohler is, the largest air cooled engine I currently own is a 19hp Kawasaki. My liquid stuff ranges from Chinese LaiDong to a Fiet Diesel engines.

5. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 LawnSite Bronze Member

Kawasaki kohler and hondas

6. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

Was a Kawi guy all the way until I purchased a Briggs Vanguard a few years ago....I wont go back to anything else now.

7. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

I've got a Kawi FB460 for sale just saying...

8. LandscapemanFL

LandscapemanFL LawnSite Member

Kawasaki, They have been very good to us.

9. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

For the long haul? Kohler, no doubt about it.

10. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know that it is always "brand". I guess the point that I am trying to make is that Honda as an example makes very good engines in the 4-13 HP but their big engines in the past were close to junk. I have 5 of the 20 H.P engines in the pile that didn't last 100 hours. Their new larger engines they came out with 2 years ago are much better, not great but very good. Kohler Command Pro engines are extremely good but they made a series that was something like OHC that wasn't so good, not terrible but not the best choice.

To compete all the manufactures have paid much more attention to quality. Briggs is now much better than it used to be and Robin Subaru has improved a lot. Kawasaki has most always been good.