Engines

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Texas*Golf*Bum, Oct 7, 2013.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

good thread. this is one of the most informative forums on this site

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I really like my 2 FH480 (16hp) KAWIs. So far so good...with the exception of 1 coil that acted up intermittently. Easy fix, too.

3. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a non-commercial Briggs in a JD, a Kawi, a Kohler, and a Subaru and none of them have given me 1 minutes problem. The one with the most hours is the non-commercial briggs and so far it has been rock solid.

The Briggs Vanguards get praise from a few of the guys who run the sub compact articulated tractors like Ventracs, Steiners, and Power-Trac. One guy said he had a 31hp Kubota diesel and a 31 Vanguard and he couldn't tell the difference in the exact same machines.

4. Texas*Golf*Bum

Texas*Golf*Bum LawnSite Member

I would have to see if it would fit on my hustler. Will check today.

5. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36 hp Vanguard with a hundred hours on it and I love it. Tons of power. I didn't even sharpen the blades till it had 60 hours on it.:weightlifter: Power power power. It has more power than my 21 horse diesel I used to have. I also have a new Kawasaki with about 20 hours on it. Power seems great. Too early to tell at this point.