English Speaking and American Owned

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, Mar 4, 2010.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I took 4 years worth of spanish in high school, got a B or higher grade every year, and yet I still have no clue what you said. I can speak very simple sentences (more like phrases) and I know some bad words, but that's about it. So when I go to the city just south of me (where there are a ton of mexicans) I try to see if I can understand what they say and I only get about 10% of what comes out of their mouth. That pisses me off, which makes me want to go into the wal-mart where they all shop and yell, immigration! But I don't think that would be a good idea.

2. Shane100

Shane100 LawnSite Member

I've been thinking about a PC way to let my target customers know I'm American and I think I just might go with " Made in America" in my next marketing material.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Or just but a pic of your smiling face on it.

4. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

It just baffles me at how many people will make public there religion, or their political views when conducting business. Now I am not saying whats on this guys web-site is right or wrong, I could care less. If he can make more money off that phrase then all the power to him. But why do most people relate the word "illegals" to Mexicans? Or say, "I am american, so support americans" Or "Pay americans what they deserve". I dont care what color, race or what god you answer too, ALL I CARE ABOUT IS GREEN and I mean money. Wheather your american, mexican, african or any other -can, just be productive and collect your paycheck. I have been offended by remarks that some of my customers make either about my religion, race or political views, and when asked my opinion, my answer is always the same "Do you have that check ready?" Ask any major traded company in america who they supported for President, they will tell you they are neutral. As business owners that should be our stance when it comes to stuff like that. If you continue to bring those factors up, you will not be successful in the long run. Business will and always should be seperate from politics, religion and whatever else your point of views are. J.M.H.O

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, most of my customers are republicans but I don't turn down their work, lol.

As long as my customers show me respect, I don't care what their race or religion is. If they treat me like I'm below them, they can find someone else. I find that certain ethnic groups want to treat me more like an employee or servant than a contractor. I'm hired to do a specific job on my schedule under my terms, not the other way around..some people just don't get that.

6. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

I knew I wasnt the only one. :drinkup:

7. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

So I guess I shouldn't go live in another country because I can't speak any other languages.

8. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Also, you do realize that most Americans were immigrants at sometime.

9. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

that is correct......

if your gonna live somewhere you NEED to speak there language. i'm not saying you have to know the language 100% before you move to a different country. moving somewhere and then learning the language is perfectly fine.

in the US there are way to many people who come to live here and don't know how to speak english, make no effort to learn to speak english and lots of times try to use that to there advantage.

maybe i should move to china and not make any effort whatsoever to learn chinese and try to use that to my advantage???

its the same concept as those who try and live here illegally and reep benefits that not even some of our own citizens are getting like social security, health care, etc.

10. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i'm referring to this day and age, NOT the past.....