enigine options

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by LemkeLawns, Sep 29, 2007.

1. LemkeLawns

LemkeLawns LawnSite Member

Just wondering if Exmark plans to have a larger diesel in the the line up in the future. Ive got two 35 72's and it sure would be nice to be running diesel rather than gas at that high of horse power. The Vangaurds are powerful and so far reliable, but a person cant justify 25 hp just to save a little fuel.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

LemkeLawns,

I can tell you that next year we will only have the 25hp Kubota diesel option. Beyond that, you'll have to wait and see! How big of a diesel would you like to see?

Casey

3. LemkeLawns

I dont sell why there should be a larger gas than diesel. Doesnt Toro put a 45 horse on a 72" rear discharge? Since Toro bought out Exmark for purchasing power I think Exmark could use that to their advantage and utilize a larger engine.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

LemkeLawns,

It's actually quite common for ZTR manufacturers to have their largest horsepower engines be gas. I'm not sure where you've seen a Toro 45hp ZTR diesel. Their largest diesel option is a 27hp. Additionally, I think the largest diesel options in this segment are around the 30-33hp mark. A 45hp diesel may be a bit overkill in the power department, and also in weight.

Later,
    Casey

5. LemkeLawns

its on a grounds master not a ztr. But... isnt exmark
    supposed to be on the top of the market? This thread is not intended to knock Exmark. I want to see Exmark on top of the market, if not above the market. I would love to see a 30-33 hp diesel, that would be awsome. Ive ran my two 35 vangards for about 300 hrs each and it would impossible to drop ten horse just to run a diesel. But as far as overkill at 45 horse, I could use that much about 25% of my mow time.