Enjoying the 3 day weekend?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirty Water, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I sure am! Though I've got an install to finish up on tuesday and a PITA customer to handle (expecting me to be a landscaper, not an irrigation installer).

2. DGI

DGI LawnSite Member
    from SE Mich

It's pretty typical for me to work the season's holidays. The crews will be out on Monday, and I have estimates scheduled.

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

What is a 3 day weekend? We will be out mowing on Monday, just like always. Can not afford to miss a day on our schedule. We could never get caught back up.

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I guess I'm the lucky one then.

You've got to take a break on occasion or your going insane.

5. DGI

DGI LawnSite Member
    from SE Mich

I do very little Dec. through Feb.

Tomorrow we're going to sneak onto a commercial site that would otherwise be filled with 10 trades running around. And go tie up some other loose ends..

6. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Weather has had me working the last 3 Sundays. My office manager told me the Boss better take a long weekend or it was going to get expensive and lawyers were going to get rich. I agreed to take it slow this weekend, but reminded her there wasn't anything for the lawyers to get anyway. Got a brisket smokin' right now that is almost done....mmmmmmmmm :)
    Probably have enough to share, wish I'd thought of posting sooner ROFLMAO

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Damn! Fire up the transporter. I haven't had good BBQ brisket since I drove cross-country with a copy of <b>Road Food</b> to guide me. (someday I'll try that garbage can and hot plate smoking rig I saw on some old cooking show)

8. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Weather has me only cutting about half my accounts so ill gladly take monday off and maybe even tuesday.It's so dry here i think the lawns are past any chances or recovery.

9. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Ya missed a good one!! Not traditional BBQ, just slow smoked. Used a dry rub recipe from a book I picked up called "Smoke and Spice", and then my own private mop. Not spicy, just flavorfull. My crew won't tolerate anything that even resembles spicy hot. Might have been better if I'd let it cook another hour or two, flavor was perfect, but you needed a knife to cut the slices down to bite size. One of the nicest pieces of meat I've had to play with in a while too. Came from a customer who runs a local meat market. This came from a local piece of beef and was aged a min. of 14 days before they processed. I need a profitable install so I can buy another side of meat. That helper of mine is killin' me since football started back up again.

Hey, tell me when after the snow flies and the party is on me. I've got a bone on whole prime rib from the last side I bought that I've been saving for something special. Should feed around 20-25 good appetites. We'll run a kitty for the beer, and I'll chip for the rest. All you got to do is show up!

10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Enjoy my arse, had the twins till Saturday afternoon when I took them to Augusta then came back and worked till dark, worked today, and have to work all day Monday playing catch up. Spending one day with my kids is like working 5 12 hour days in 100 degree heat. I got one stuborn, cant make do a dam thing, tear his arse up every 30 minutes boy that by gawd Im going to live long enough to watch him have one just like him if I have to be on life support!