Enlosed Trailer Guys

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grassmanak, Sep 18, 2007.

1. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

Lets see em, pics of all the goodies, i just picked mine up yesterday and am going to begin swapping everything over from my open trailer, im going to have to make brackets for the trimmer racks so they will stick out a bit.

2. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

F150 pulling a 16' V-Nose.

truck & trailer.jpg

4. BOSCHERT LAWN CARE

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

^^ how does your truck handle that trailer loaded? im considering the exact same trailer but my 150 is an 04 with a 4.6L

5. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

6. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Assuming your talking to me, both our F150's have the 4.2L V6 and the burgandy one has a 5 speed. The numbers between the same year 4.2 and 4.6 are close (10hp & 35lbs of torgue increase), not enough to justify the sacrifice in MPG. I've never had a problem pulling with the truck, it's not the fastest thing in town but I know of several larger companies here that use the same trucks. My towing capacity is 7500, your '04 is around 9500 lbs so you should be fine. The main thing is keeping your load balanced inside the trailer. Too much upfront and it will push the truck during braking (even with brakes on the trailer) and too much in the back it will fishtail. I've had 2 60" zero's inside and all other equip and the truck does fine. Change your tires to LT tires 10 ply and have the alignment set for pulling a load or you will be going thru tires like crazy.

7. Pro-Turf  LLC

Pro-Turf LLC LawnSite Member