Enore Rep

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowergal, May 19, 2006.

1. mowergal

mowergal LawnSite Member

Encore rep must be getting pressure to sign a new dealer in this area. The rep and his boss came into our dealership making all kinds of promises if we would take on Encore - we care Ferris! When asked what was going on with the current dealer the rep wouldn't answer.

Around here Encore isn't that popular. Just wondering how popular it is in other parts of the country.
  2. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

Very interesting - ties in with some rumors I've heard
  3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Almost never see Encore in this area. I am not even sure they have a distributor in this area anymore. No one from the factory, or from an Encore distributor, has ever called on us in the 3 years we hve been in business.
  4. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

We don't have a encore rep in the area that I know of, I have never saw anyone useing a encore
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Trying to take advantage of the weakness of another brand in your area I would guess.

They see the opening and try their best.
  6. mikeeee

mikeeee LawnSite Member

I have an Encore Pro-Line 60" Walkbehind and it is the best I have ever used. Works perfect every time. Very well put together. Solid as a rock.:weightlifter: Easy to maintain. You need to check one out. I only sharpen blades and replace a deck belt every now and then and just basic maintainence.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Well then.... heck I didn't know they made a walkbehind that big.
  8. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting observation about popularity. I see them all the time out mowing. And I just bought another 61" prowler yesterday traded in another YK mower. As far as the dealer goes I can only say that they treat me great and it really would not make any diffrence to me if there was another dealer because I would go to the existing dealer due to the service that I get there and don't get anywhere else! I don't mow anything in billings so I do not know if your dealership has a good service department or not.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

non-existant here
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Hey, are any of your Prowlers equipped with the Super Turf tires?
    Look sorta like a Turf Saver version of a bar/chevron tire in a way?

The Prowlers I saw had them and I really wonder about them.
    Another guy bought a similar tire called a Kenda Grasshopper for his Turf Tracer.
    Pretty much the same tread pattern and he seems to like them.