Enough already!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

:cry:

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Tell me about!!! I'm now running into standing water on lawns and even with fairly dry grass I can't run the mower because it gets stuck in the mud underneath.

HOWEVER, it be worse....Remember the winter:D

poop run.jpg

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

We've had a bit here too.

4. MARYLANDMOWER

MARYLANDMOWER LawnSite Member

Hey Tom,
    I'm with you buddie, this is getting rough. We mowed in the rain for a while the last couple weeks, but now the ground is so saturated and soft we can't do a whole lot.:dizzy: :angry:

5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

send some of it our way--we need it very bad. only doing lawns every other week cause the grass aint growing:cry:

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Look on the bright side guys, there may be less competition next year. This is a tough business, and the last 6-8 months have been especially tough. Only the strong will survive.

7. Ditto, not really the strong, but the well planned.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yep, it rained here this morning. Everything is still pretty wet out there.
    We have all the work done for the week, so this isn't hindering us.

The part timer who only mows on the weekends and maybe a night or two a week, really hurts when it rains on the weekends.

We just got a call last night from a customer that was fed up with her lawn service. She said he never shows up to cut the grass, and when he does he tells her that he has to charge her double because it is so high.
    Like she said, it's not her fault that he never shows up. She wants her grass cut more often.
    My guess is, he hasn't been able to cut her grass because he is a part timer and it's been raining on his days that he is available to cut grass.
    So we just picked up another customer because of it. :)

9. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

"The part timer who only mows on the weekends and maybe a night or two a week, really hurts when it rains on the weekends."

That reminds me of 4 or 5 years ago when I still worked full time 60 - 65 hours a week and mowed more grass than I do now I think LOL. We had 11 straight days in a row of a half inch or more of rain per day, and I didn't have the equipment I have now. Now I can mow in the rain if I have to, but back then, that was a really rough 2 week period trying to get caught up & was almost a breaking point.

10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Now Jody, how many customers do we run into that actually "want" the lawn cut more often:p I have only one. It sounds like you have one now, too;)
    Pete