Enter to Win one of 10 Product 4-Packs!

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Tanaka, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

In celebration of PureFire® at 10 years, we are giving away 10 PureFire® Product Packages on March 31, 2008. To enter, simply go to tanakapowerequipment.com, click on choose your Tanaka e-newsletter, and select “I want to win…”

2. mowingpreacherman

mowingpreacherman LawnSite Member

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Tanaka for the equipment I received Friday. I got an e-mail saying that they would ship in May, but when the new blower was still in production it was slated to ship in June. I was a little bummed out about the wait, but good things are worth the wait. I received the grass trimmer, stick edger and hedge trimmer Friday and am very thankful that I won these prizes. The blower is supposed to come by the end of Summer. I had a very long hedge to do Friday afternoon. My wife had called me to tell me they arrived, so I got the hedge trimmer (HTD-2526PF) out and used it that very day. The 26-inch blade helped make quick work of the huge hedge. And, the adjustable handle is a great feature I didn't have on my old Echo HC-150. Friday night I got the grass trimmer (TBC-280PF) out of its box and was impressed by the quality and excited about taking it for a test drive. Saturday, I used it on my own lawn. With the padded forward handle and the smooth power at the trigger, all I can say is--"Life is good!" I have only looked at the lawn edger (TPE-260PF), so far. But, I am sure that I will be very pleased with it also. It looks as high quality as the other items. Maybe I can take some pics soon. Before winning this I had won a NASCAR jacket that I got to wear one time before the guy changed teams, and I won a video game back in the late 80s. This ranks a lot higher on the scale for sure! Thanks, Tanaka! :)
  3. Tundra08

Tundra08 LawnSite Member

I too was one of the lucky winners. First off let me thank Mark and Dalton for all their help. I bought my first piece of Tanaka this past winter, an old TIA-302 one man Power Auger. I use this exclusively for Ice Fishing with my son Malcolm. I promised Mark I would post pics but my scanner is hatched.

I bought that ice auger online in a neighboring province, had it shipped on the bus, and was raring to go. Only problem was the diaphragm had a pin hole and I snapped the dog off of the friction plate. Dalton was able to help me trouble shoot the carb and found me the part numbers and put me in touch with a local service shop (two hours north). Well once I got the idle's set this thing runs like a top. Now, the funny part was after all the hassle of getting this thing going, I walk into a pawn shop near Christmas time, and there it is, a TIA-305 for 40$ more than I paid. Well I bought it and sold it to my brother in law for what it cost me (can't make money on family). While trying to get mine going, I guess I was entered into a draw of some sort. And I won!

This was really timely as I've recently built a new house and am finishing my landscaping this week. These pieces will really be put to the test soon. I've never heard such quiet 2 strokes.

I was really hoping to have some pictures, especially of my son and I using an Ice Auger that is older than our combined ages. Oh well maybe this coming winter.

Thanks again Mark and Dalton, I have a real Tanaka bias now, if only there were a dealer closer to me...
  4. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Thanks for your posts. I think the new blowers will be here this month.