Entering in a Truck Pull

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Triple L, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Hay guys, this coming weekend theres gonna be a truck / tractor pull up by my area. Im planning on entering my little truck to see what it can do... Figured it would be a blast and why not. I've been bitten by the truck pulling bug, been to almost every truck pull in my area this year. Have any of you ever done a pull with your truck?

2. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

my buddy did one a couple weeks ago and lost his tranny. Only good thing about it is that his truck is new ( less than 5k) and got it covered under warranty

3. have never pulled my truck, but will be working one this coming Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. I will be running a roller or grading the track at a local town festival we put in a lot of time but we do have a good time.

4. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I go to a good bit of tractor and Diesel 4x4 pickup pulls. I love going to them but never would pull my old Cummins I had or my new Duramax. If you pull make sure you have another truck and trailer there if you break.

5. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

apparantly SOMEBODY lied on the warranty claim. Have a hard time believing any manufacturer would stand behind blatant abuse of a truck. Don't get me wrong, I love truck pulls. I live 20 minutes from Chapel Hill TN, home of the Super Pull of the South. We are having a 4 wheeler and ATV pull at our county fair this week and I have full intention of entering my Honda Rubicon in it. But I wouldn't even consider hooking my turck to that sled. It pulls my trailer just fine and every other load I have hooked to it and it has nothing else to prove to me.

6. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

I've thought about hookin my '96 up a time or two, just to see how i'd do. I've always been afraid of breaking u-joints more than anything else, i'm pretty confident in my clutch and both differentials, I'm just afraid I'd get embarssed by some of the real pulling trucks, lol. My hopefully no so distant project is to build a cummins 12-valve powered pulling truck out of my 1984 F250 4x4.

7. NMS0219

yea my buddy left out the whole truck pull thing when he had his truck towed to the dealer.

8. I can see that with a lot on his mind. :rolleyes:

9. NMS0219

best part was that they never asked how he managed to blow the tranny in his new 08 f450 pickup.

10. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

well were gettin some pretty negative responces here.... In 4x4 low, there should not be a whole lot of stress on the tranny, be workin the transfer case pretty hard but Im pretty confident in that. Huh, makin me think more and more now.....