Entertaining Vids for a cold day

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cddva, Dec 9, 2006.

1. cddva

cddva LawnSite Member

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Those guys must have been really bored or there boss was not around

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think I'd have taken either machine on that little hill. Short wheel base and a rear heavy machine...Thats a little scary.

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

If you go too there home page they have the tractive force video.

They use the chaining hooks too fasten the machine too instead of the bucket edge which is actually what you push with not the hooks.

They also use the T 250 in the mud demo since it has no ground clearance what so ever and high centers very easy.

The hill that is used is very sandy loose soil which is not favorable too a cleat type track very similar too what happens with an aggresive tire in sandy situations.

Pretty much if you like going 12 mph ,climbing hills and mud bogging then the ASV is your machine.
    I however have not found any financial gain with the use of my machine in any of those 3 categories.:)

I wonder why they do not have a video comparing the ASV too another performing excavation operations or moving dirt or grading operations?:laugh:

5. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I would like to see the following comparison. The ASV cost per hour and the Bobcat cost per hour based on say an average of 50 different operators and machines in various types of ground conditions. Like has been said here many times, the ASV/CAT system does things others cant. The question is if that capability is worth the cost. I think for some guys it is and others it is not and most probably don't know which catagory they are in. It requires the buyer to be very well informed, problem is most are not (present company excluded of course).

7. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

If I could get the funding for 50 operators, 50 machines, I would do it. My goal has always been to get all the majors in the 2,500 pound class (Bobcat S250; Cast 85XT -> now 445; Deere 325 and heck, 328; NH Ls185.B, Gehl 6640; Mustang 2076 and 2086) and run them all. But I have neither the land nor the money to do such a thing.

But I still dream. :)

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I notice how you left out Cat in the lineup. I guess it's safe to assume that all the machines you listed would be fighting for second place behind Cat. :rolleyes:

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

"I notice how you left out Cat in the lineup. I guess it's safe to assume that all the machines you listed would be fighting for second place behind Cat. "

Where do I begin?

I always thought that someone like Compact Equipment magazine should do something like that. Similiar to Motor Trend in comparing of different machines. All these dirt mags run general articles but no one puts the machines head to head. I am sure it comes down to advertising revenue and the loss of same if someones machine doesn't do so well. It would make for some intersting reading and create much discussion on forums like this I am sure.

10. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

I gotta say...the video look good. In those comparisons, ASV made everyone else look like chumps. Doesn't Deere have similar videos showing them trumping everyone else as well?

All I can say is if the videos are true to life, then those ASV's are pretty impressive.