Entomosporium leaf spot is taking over

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shoop, Mar 9, 2004.

1. shoop

shoop LawnSite Member

Has entomosporium leaf spot taken over other areas besides the DFW area. Down here it has hit like never before, and is rapidly taking out rows of Photinia's and other Ornamentals. I have never had a problem getting rid of it before but it doesnt seem to matter what I throw at it, it just progresses to fast. Help????Has entomosporium leaf spot taken over other areas besides the DFW area. Down here it has hit like never before, and is rapidly taking out rows of Photinia's and other Ornamentals. I have never had a problem getting rid of it before but it doesnt seem to matter what I throw at it, it just progresses to fast. Help???? :mad: :confused:

photinia disease at spring valley.jpg

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

You can't get rid of it, you can only stop it in it's tracks. Plus its called Scales, mostly gets on Euonomous (sp?).

3. shoop

shoop LawnSite Member

Im not talking about Euonomous scale. If you can see the pic you would see that its not scale. Euonomous scale is very small white insects that ussually wont get on Photinias. This is a fungus that causes blistering type symptoms and is classified as leaf spot (Entomosporium). I just havent found any way to get rid of it this year. Last year I would use 3336 Fungicide mixed with Fe++ as a blanket spray, it would take 2 applications but it always worked this year nothing is working. Ive hit it with 3336, daconil, Benemyle, Fungaway, and everything else, so if any one has any other ideas I would really like to know. Thank you though jwing

4. leemac

leemac LawnSite Member

A
    Easist way to treat leaf spot on redtips is with a chainsaw ,then plant with a more desirable plant

5. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

This is my preferred method as well. I will never understand why people spend all kinds of time and money to save a plant that originally cost 6 bucks.

6. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

We have quite a few to remove this spring. I can't stand them.