Entrepreneurial ideas, PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by hobbsd, Oct 30, 2005.

1. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

I am in the Entrepreneur program in my school (UWEC) and am working a design and possible patent / production project that would hopefully turn into a real business. I have been involved in the lawncare industry for around 10 years and would like to put my efforts into benefiting it.

Basically, I am looking for is anything in the lawn care industry that isn’t as good as it could be. This could be mowers, clean-up equipment, some equipment that isn’t even around yet, advising services, parts services, software, hardware, you name it, ANYTHING.

From what I can see, this is probably the most informative, most professional filled lawn forum on the web, so if you guys could vent your industry frustrations, I would be very appreciative.

Thank you,

Dan

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Work on growth regulators that are affordable.

3. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

If Growth regulators were more affordable, wouldn't we be out of business except for extreamly wet parts of the season.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

customer relations and expectations

5. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

There was a thread started right after the trade show a couple of weeks ago lots of ideas for what we need next I think. I would like a cart that has a spot for maintenance tools, loppers, saw, hand trowel, a couple of compartments for the cases that drills come in to carry parts. A small rack for a couple of rakes and a broom, scoop shovel maybe?. I have to make these myself and its a pain.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would like to see the starter ropes on WB hydro units come out the back so you start the engine in closed trailers. We had to build protectors on the side of our grass tanks to keep them from being cut by pulling the ropes across the side of them. Or I would like to easy hydro release lever mechanism on these hyro mowers.

7. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Find away I can make $1800.00 a day mowing so people on this forum wouldn't't chastise me.:p

8. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

I think the new hustler walk has both of those...

9. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

The kingNJ: We would put the growth regulators down

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have to agree on that one