entry for Boots' antique irrigation museum

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, May 1, 2012.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

General question - I think you could examine the tailpiece and get a clue as to the mfr - Imperial could have made them, too

2. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

You wouldn't want to see the stuff they're doing now.

3. I believe they were using Buckner. They bought so much at a time that they had their name for awhile put on pgps and 1800. That was sort of their mo. Put their name on everything.

4. I thought they went under? I was told they went into bankruptcy and I know Ron hall his son was working under a different name.

5. Wet_Boots

I never did see a Buckner-made sprinkler with a company's name on it. The installer of the bit of history up there did buy direct from factories, and touted brass as long as they possibly could, including the Buckner plastic popup sprays that could be had with a brass cap and brass nozzle.

6. I'll get some pics from Henry. I'm sure he has some in his collection.

7. Wet_Boots

The only new brass popups I saw that had a smooth top with a name stamped on it were Imperial and Weathermatic. Buckner had the cast top, and so did every other brand I bought.

8. The hall heads were not smooth top. The lettering was raised on theirs. very similar to buckner.

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I have one, and I damn sure ain't old and decrepit like boots.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I always wondered where mine went.