entry for Boots' antique irrigation museum

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, May 1, 2012.

1. Here you go Boots. I'm pretty certain those are Buckner heads with their name on it. I know the controller and valve was moody.

image.jpg

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

That "reinforced edge" that the early brassies had was so cool, though W*M quit using it.

3. See those edger marks? Think a plastic nozzle would have survived that?

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Cool! I would guess that is not a Buckner head, though. Maybe someone who owned a Buckner wrench could elaborate.

5. It takes the course thread Buckner nozzle but several did. Who else could it be? I'm pretty certain they are relabeled buckners. Can't say for 100% sure though.

6. Wet_Boots

You already named it. :)

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Odd thing;

I had one once too. You can still buy those at the big box tinkler stores.

8. Wet_Boots

Champion still makes brass bodies for their brass nozzles. No popup, though. Their wrench has a hex end.

9. Waterlogged

Waterlogged LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I still have about 10 or 12 of the RainBird and Imperial brass bodies, new, left over from a job where I had to take out all the plastic heads in the back yard and replace them with brass.
    The ten Sheltie dogs would eat the plastic heads, every time the system came on.

Attached Files:

10. That rain bird brass high pop would be my choice as the best brass head ever made. My selling argument on it over other brass heads was that is was die cast as opposed to sand cast and made for a smoother less chance of sticking head. I have no clue what die cast and sand cast is but an old timer told me that for whatever reason that line was real effective with homeowners.