entry for Boots' antique irrigation museum

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, May 1, 2012.

1. Moody and buckner nozzles were interchangeable. I believe RB for awhile had a coarser thread nozzle that fit that popup as well.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Moody nozzles did not have a flat that would fit a Buckner wrench.

All the spanner wrenches would work on any brass popup. Even Rain-O-Mat had a brass popup body with spanner slots. (it had a curious appearance because the top was not round, but rather an octagon)

3. I'm confused. It's a moody nozzle and a Buckner head. At least I think that's what you are saying. Just because Moody didn't have a flat on its nozzle doesn't mean it couldn't be used on a Buckner.

4. Wet_Boots

You are confusing yourself. The Hall head won't be identified from looking at the top, because Moody made the exact same head. If the Hall valves and controller are by Moody, and the nozzle on the Hall head is definitely not a Buckner, why not allow that all the Hall components were made by Moody?

5. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

That red sand? I made a couple of castings to in shop class.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Anybody want to guess the name on this one?

IMG_0109.jpg

7. When i see a Moody head then i will quit confusing myself.

8. Wet_Boots

I've installed a few of the Moody brass popup bodies, and they could be twins of the old Buckner design.

9. I asked Henry and he said the burden of the proof is on you. Pics please

10. Wet_Boots

I probably don't have any of them, unless something is in the scrap box. I used to order the Royal Coach 13040 bodies for coarse-thread-nozzle use. I believe the Moody number for that spray body was 513.