Entry level commercial ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dgrego, Mar 25, 2005.

1. dgrego

dgrego LawnSite Member
    from midwest

I'm currently surveying the ZTR market for an entry level commercial mower for my 2 acre property. So far I've priced a dixie chopper coatesville classic with a 20hp kohler and 50" deck for 6500. Seemed a little high and the dealer was unwilling to negotiate. I also priced a dixon kodiak with a 20hp honda and 50" deck for 5400 until end of March at which time it goes back to msrp of 6250. I plan on checking out Hustlers and Exmarks this weekend. I don't think I want to go above 6K. I like the idea of a commercial mower for the extra reliability and durability. Any suggestions? Sincerely, dave g
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The Coatesville Classic is anything but a entry level mower. The only difference between it and the full featured Dixies is it doesn't have the OCDC, heavy duty air filter, Amsoil bypass oil filter and deluxe seat. Otherwise it is the same mower. The Silver Eagle is the "entry level" mower in Dixie's lineup. Although Dixie describes it as a "homeowner" mower it is still a very heavily built mower and a lot of start up operators use it. Head back to your Dixie dealer and inquire about the Silver Eagle. It would be perfect for your 2 acres.
  3. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

If you have a Great Dane dealer nearby they have their 48" Z on sale for $5999 which is a great price on a full fledge commercial mower. Dane is owned by John Deere which makes parts/warranty work not a problem.

Whatever you do. demo...demo....demo..!
  4. jbrianw

jbrianw LawnSite Member

any thoughts on the Gravely or the Everride
  5. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

How about a country clipper, Encore Extreme, Yazoo/kees. All of these guys build good machines in the 5-6000 range!
  6. Green King

Richard is right the silver eagle would be decent machine as well!
  7. dgrego

dgrego LawnSite Member
    from midwest

The Dixie Chopper dealer only had one silver eagle and it was sold. The Dealer showed me things he liked and disliked about the silver eagle. He wasn't fond of the new electric start for the blades, but he did like the way the deck adjusted up and down. Since he didn't have any other Silver Eagles he was pushing the next step up which he had in stock. Anyway, he was stocked mostly with high end equipment for the commercial guys. Do most dealer stick with msrp or is there any haggling room on price for these machines. Is simplicity ztrs worth a look at?
  8. Green King

simplicity ztr I would stay away from that one.
  9. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a cub cadet( M 50 tank 23 kohler command.4999) 0 down for 36 month)+ tax your looking at $147.00 a month not bad! has anybody seen this unit? the only diff is that the deck is stamped with a rear roller which is nice for stripes. :help:
  10. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I have three suggestions for you for:

Exmark Laser Z CT with a 52" deck and a 19 HP Kawi is going for $5999 or less at most dealers. It is their entry level commerial aimed at homeowners such as yourself.

Lesco currently has there Z two riders on sale, and they are full fledged commercial machines (made by MTD, same as Cub Cadet)
    48" $5599
    54" $5799
    60" $5999

I dont have prices on Bob-Cat, but they also make commercial level mowers that would serve you very well, and reasonably priced.