Entry Level Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by M0wNG0, Nov 10, 2007.

1. M0wNG0

M0wNG0 LawnSite Member
    from AL

Can someone help me out with finding some good entry level Zero turn mowers. I need around a 48"-52". I thought about Cub cadet Z force and Z wing,Snapper 500 series pro,Toro Z440, Exmark LazerZ CT.

I havent went to dealers yet, but i cant find prices on any sites. If someone could give me some ideas on what some of these mowers run $ also

2. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't consider that Cub Cadet Z Force it is just a home owner type. Cadet has a newer model-- the Enforcer which is a heavier built machine.

Use Google and type in Cub Cadet Commercial Mowers to go to the website.

Nosmo

3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually a 36 is the best entry level mower

4. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

Exmark is looking to move the Lazer HP with 46" triton deck. You should be able to find one ~ 6K. That deck should do fine in AL.

5. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

Scag freedom-Z 48" w/26hp b&s $4999

6. phntmfoot

phntmfoot LawnSite Member

Dont bother with the snapper until next year. they are going with a new manufacturer and it will be a much better machine than what they have now.

7. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

Look at a Bad Boy ZT 50" 26hp... it's around $4700 and built really tough... they are real impressive.

8. phntmfoot

be aware that the ZT 50 BadBoy uses integrated transaxles as opposed to individual pump and wheel motor. Not one of the better configurations as far as commercial mowing is concerned. They just dont last as long as the individual units.

9. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

It's the ZT-2800 drive system... same one used in the Scag Freedom Z that was mentioned. Of course, I'd rather have seperate pumps and wheel motors but that jumps you into a higher price range... sort of out of what I'd call entry level. In Bad Boy it jumps up to a Pup series which is a lot faster machine but also jumps to $5995 for a 48"... it's pretty awesome for the price for sure.
    My next one will be the Lightning model from Bad Boy... but that's a long ways from an entry level machine.

10. phntmfoot

Scag, Badboy, Exmark. It doesnt matter. Integrated transaxles are a bad move if you intend to cut commercially. Take it from someone thats tried that route before.