1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TCZellars, Apr 6, 2008.

1. TCZellars

TCZellars LawnSite Member

has anyone used or are using a gmc envoy for anything? thats the vehicle i have and im just starting out.
  2. TCZellars

3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

it will do the job...you're not going to pull a house down with it, but it will probably pull at least 5,000lbs
  4. TCZellars

actually mine with the v8 pulls 7600 but yea i know that lol
  5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I had one. It was my wife's ride. Real nice. Black with black leather. DVD, sunroof, heated seats, you name it, it had it, Had that silly name down the side that started with a D. Not a bad ride at first, like the first week. Biggest piece of CRAP I ever bought. Had to turn the rotors at the first oil change. Tranny work at 15K miles, Would drive down the road and engine would cut power. Hell, one time we brought it in for the engine problem and they fixed it. Said "all set. We found the problem, fixed it and reset your computer". 3 miles down the road, engine cuts power. Tried to get the dealer to help us out, NOPE. Called GMC, asked them for help. All I wanted was to get out of the envoy and into another. same model and year, I even offered to pay the difference if I had to buy a 1 year newer envoy. NOPE, they were no help. IF you feel confident working with it, go ahead. I would expect problems. I'd stock rotors too. Your going to be going through them. Mine were turned 2 times, then replaced. New ones got turned about 5K miles later.
  6. XterraJohn

XterraJohn LawnSite Member

While it's not the same vehicle, I, too, use a midsize SUV for my lawn work. Don't expect it to stay nice unless you're WAY more careful than me.

Little things seem to add up over time. Dust and dirt covering everything inside, trash from eating on the run, etc.

Then there's stuff like throwing a chainsaw in the back to do a quick job and ending up having the inside of the truck smell like gas for the rest of the week and that sort of thing.