ENVY!!!!!!!!!!!it looks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Oct 16, 2006.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

like deere went a put the 7Iron deck on a garden tractor. I was having "coffee" this morning and snapped the pics of the expo. I will post them tomorrow.

John

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

They sure did its on the X-700 series. They also have a residnetial line of ztrs coming out that look just like the 727, except with a 48" yellow deck but they have a 25hp kawasaki on them. I hear there is more new stuff coming out too for 2007.

3. John Gamba

from ct

That yellow deck is a tractor deck:laugh: the 7 iron on the 700 series looks cool.

4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

That would be nice. Wish they would have done that a long time ago. We used to have a 318 and then a 420 before we started selling Bobcat equipment. Those decks were well built but just didnt flow for anything. So much grass build up and bogging in heavy/long spots. Although the build up did go down quite a bit after we tried some Gator blades on the 420. I think we put those on the year we sold it...LOL. I can only imagine what that Onan would have done with a fabricated deck.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I like the x700 series but for the same price you can get a nice utility tractor.:rolleyes:

6. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I saw that pic of the tractor, also while having "coffee". Wonder what the price will be?

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I saw a pic of that tractor while having a cup of "java" myself.

The idea certainly interests me to a small extent.
    It will have to be a 7 Iron II that honestly cuts better than the old 7 Iron though.

I have nothing against the 7-Iron deck.
    It just don't cut well here as much as I'd like for it to.

I've said over and over to the disbelief of Deere owners. But my ideal rig would have been a trailer load of all matching John Deere equipment. But they haven't been able to win me over on performance from the commercial stuff.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

My guess is that it will start out at $12,000 or more just for the 2wd 23hp gas.
    Gas 4x4 models will be well into the 'teens'.
    Diesel 4x4 models will be deep in the 'teens'.

Little rich for my blood considering the other options out there in that size that are full blown sub-compact tractors. To me, the prices already seemed inflated in comparison with the current yellow decks.

9. John Gamba

from ct

here----------------------------740 i think

DSCF0135.jpg