1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

EP Henry Authorized Hardscapers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by cgland, Dec 9, 2004.

1. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you guys have this certification, and if so have you realized any jobs from it?
  2. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

CG, yes I do and no I haven't reveived any leads . I went through the process during the summer months, so it hasn't been that long. I think that it is a good program, even moreso than the ICPI cert. I feel this way because a basic requirement of the Authorized Contractor Program is that you are ICPI certified. In addition, they check your insurances and inspect some of your work.
  3. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Can you explain alittle. What it is and about? Any good benefits and how to find more out? Thanks
  4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Any certification can't hurt.

Even though it may not get you any direct leads it's all helpful when your selling.
  5. mbella

EP Henry is a local paver/retaining wall block manufacturer. In our market, they are the most recognized manufacturer. It is kind of like how someone says Bobcat when they are referring to a skid steer in general, or Kleenex when they are referring to tissue paper. Homeowners often say, "you know, those EP Henry stones."

Anyway, they have a program called the EP Henry Authorized Contractor Program. They require that you are ICPI certified, carry all necessary insurance, and they do a couple of site inspections. There are a couple of other requirements, but these are the three major ones. Visit their website for more info. www.ephenry.com.

I agree, even if you don't get any leads, it is definitely a step in the direction of separating yourself.
  6. cgland

We became EP Henry certified in the Spring and I've probably fielded 10 calls from it and landed 4 of those 10! I worked out great for me. But.......in our market, probably in most markets, the almighty dollar speaks! IF a non-certified company beats our price they will most likely get the job! Sucks, but it's the name of the game.

7. mbella

Chris, do you use EP Henry's Design Imaging?
  8. nkour

nkour LawnSite Member

We became EP Henry certified about 2 years ago. Of course being in Maryland, folks are more familiar with BElgard & Pavestone than EP Henry. The EP Henry find a conctractor link has produced about 4 leads for us.
    It's always nice to have certifications but the bottom line is price.
  9. Mowmoney00

Mowmoney00 LawnSite Member

I have to say that in our area i've never heard of EP Henry (or maybe because I don't really do any hardscapes), but I HAVE heard of Belgard and Pavestone. I will definitely look into the EP Henry certification.

I know the insurance requirements are different from state to state, but what is the insurance requirements in your area and how much does it usually range on a yearly basis? Also, to be EP Henry cert. is there an annual fee?
  10. cgland

As far as I know, The EP Henry Authorized Hardscaper program only started this year. What certification are you speaking of?