Ep henry paver certification class

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Evan528, Dec 13, 2000.

1. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone ever taken this class? The cost is $250 for two days and im curious to whether it worth all that money? I would love to get into the paver aspect of this bussiness so this sounds like a a great oppertunty if its a good class.

2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I have taken the ICPI certification class, which was sponsored by a paver manufacturer. I think that meant that they fed us. It cost about that amount and included the basic contractor certification test. It was very worthwhile. Not only did I learn lots, it also impresses clients and is an avenue for leads. Make sure that you can become ICPI certified, if you pay that much money for a course.

3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

lanelle, Yes this class does make you cerified after completing it. On the letter i got it stated that anyone taking the class should have at leat 1 years experience in pavers, Experience with forklifts and Skidsteers. I dont have any experience with any paver installtion at all wich is why i want to take the class. Do you really need a lot of prior knowledge beofore takin the course to benefit from it?

4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure that you will benefit from the class. It's more a matter of understanding so much material in such a short period of time for taking the test. Don't worry about the heavy equip. experience. General knowledge of it will suffice. If you pay attention and read the notebook, you should be fine. BTW, where is the class being offered?
    Good Luck!

5. CHC

CHC LawnSite Member

As I recall, the classes are being held over a number of days in Pennsauken(?) NJ. Seems to me that there were a series of available days in February. All that we can find out indicates that it is probably worth the $$ to those of us getting into the paver marketplace. We've done some of this work, but I know that we have a lot to learn.

6. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Can anyone provide more details about signing up for the class? I'm in NJ & I'm definitely interested. Thanks.

7. CHC

CHC LawnSite Member

Try http://www.ephenry.com for more info. That doesn't work let me know & maybe we can fax you what info we have. Dates are 2/16-17; 2/19-20; and 2 days in March that I don't remember right now

8. BRL

Thanks CHC!!

9. CHC

CHC LawnSite Member

BRL:

The EPHenry seminar(s) include two freebies on 2/15 & 2/16. They are all day classes concerning both basic & advanced installation stuff. The ICPI classes are also on those days, or may be taken the 19th & 20th; those are the big buck items. Currently we'll be at all of those - at least if the snow isn't real deep. Being from NJ, would you know how far it is from the Mt. Holly airport to the expo center?

10. BRL

CHC, I wrote in the other thread too. Can you E-mail me about all of this?